Single and Happy: The Love Mentor’s 5 Hacks
More people than ever before are living solo. Nearly 40% of adults in the U.S. are single, up from 29% in 1990, according to the Pew Research Center. And about half aren’t interested in dating or a relationship. So are singles less happy than their married friends? Most of the long-term studies that we’ve reviewed and written about show that in general marrieds lead happier lives than single women. But, can women still be single and happy? The answer is a resounding YES!
Being single is an opportunity to focus on yourself, embrace personal growth, and build a fulfilling life. If you’re wondering how to be single and happy, you’ve come to the right place! This ultimate guide of five simple hacks will walk you through the journey to a joyful single life, focusing on self-love, personal & spiritual growth, creating a fulfilling social circle, and embracing your independence.
Single and Happy: Embrace Self-Love
Self-love is the cornerstone of happiness, regardless of your relationship status. Cultivating self-love is essential for a happy single life. Here are some ways to nurture self-love:
- Practice self-care: Prioritize your physical and emotional well-being by engaging in activities that help you feel relaxed and rejuvenated, such as exercise, meditation, reading, or pursuing hobbies that bring you joy.
- Be kind to yourself: Replace negative self-talk with positive affirmations and focus on your strengths and accomplishments. Treat yourself with the same kindness and understanding you’d offer to a friend.
- Set boundaries: Learn to say “no” and prioritize your needs and well-being. Establish healthy boundaries in your relationships to protect your time, energy, and emotional health.
Single and Happy: Pursue Personal & Spiritual Growth
Embracing personal growth is a key aspect of being single and happy. Use this time to explore new interests, develop new skills, and become the best version of yourself. So then, here are four tips on how to be single and happy by focusing on personal and spiritual development:
- Set goals: Identify areas of your life you’d like to improve and create a plan to achieve them. Break your goals down into manageable steps and celebrate your progress along the way.
- Learn new skills: Take up new hobbies or classes to challenge yourself and broaden your horizons. Whether it’s learning a new language, taking up a musical instrument, or exploring a new sport, expanding your skillset can boost your confidence and happiness.
- Travel: Explore new places and cultures to gain a fresh perspective on life. Solo travel can be an empowering experience that allows you to step outside of your comfort zone and develop a deeper appreciation of yourself and the world around you. You will feel more alive!
- Spiritual Growth: Learn to meditate daily to reduce stress and tame the “monkey mind.” Join a meditation group either in-person or online so that you’re part of a spiritual community. If you’re in a 12-step program, make sure you attend meetings and have a sponsor. The 12 steps are a blueprint for living a healthy and spiritual life. Finally, practice gratitude everyday either by making a list and/or sending it to a friend. Gratitude is the foundation of happiness!
Single and Happy: Create a Fulfilling Social Life
Research shows that a strong support system and a vibrant social life are essential for happiness, especially when you’re single. Here are some ways to build a fulfilling social circle:
- Join clubs or groups: Connect with people who share your interests by participating in local clubs, sports teams, or hobby groups. This not only expands your social network but also provides a sense of belonging and camaraderie.
- Volunteer: Give back to your community and meet like-minded individuals through volunteering opportunities. Volunteering can be a rewarding experience that fosters a sense of purpose and fulfillment. It creates a deeper happiness for you!
- Attend social events: Go to parties, meetups, or other events in your area to expand your social network. Be open to making new friends and engaging in meaningful conversations with others.
Single and Happy: Embrace Independence
Independence is a powerful aspect of being single and happy. By embracing your autonomy, you can enjoy life on your terms and discover your own path to happiness. Here’s how to embrace independence and become happy while single:
- Make your own decisions: Take charge of your life by making choices that align with your values and desires. So trust your instincts and don’t be afraid to follow your own path, even if it differs from societal expectations.
- Enjoy solitude: Learn to appreciate the peace and tranquility that comes from spending time alone. Use solitude as an opportunity for self-reflection, creative expression, and personal growth.
- Create your own happiness: Remember that your happiness is your responsibility, so cultivate a positive mindset and find joy in the everyday moments of life. Develop a gratitude practice, set aside time for self-care, and engage in activities that bring you joy!
Single and Happy: Stay Open to New Experiences
Being single and happy also means being open to new experiences and embracing change. Here are some ways to stay open and enjoy the journey:
- Be open to new relationships: While it’s essential to enjoy your single life, don’t close yourself off to the possibility of new romantic connections. You can start with this Masterclass to explore new dates while maintaining a strong sense of self.
- Seek out new adventures: Challenge yourself to try new things and step outside your comfort zone. For example, try cooking a new type of cuisine or being adventurous as in skydiving.
- Embrace change: Life is full of unexpected twists and turns. Learn to embrace change and view it as an opportunity for growth and self-discovery.
Single and Happy: In Conclusion
Being single and happy is about embracing your independence, focusing on personal & spiritual growth, and building a fulfilling social life. By practicing self-love, pursuing your passions, and surrounding yourself with supportive friends, you’ll discover that being single can be a truly rewarding and enjoyable experience. So embrace this unique time in your life to explore, grow, and create the happiness you deserve. With the right mindset and a willingness to step outside your comfort zone, you’ll find that being single is an empowering journey full of surprising opportunities for personal growth and happiness.
Sign up here for a powerful gift!
FREE Top-Tier Love Strategy Session!
Limited time offer
Hi, I'm Dr. Diana Kirschner. My team and I have helped thousands of successful single women, including judges, famous shrinks, CEOs, philanthropists, Directors, professors, and celebrities like Hoda Kotb from The Today Show to find a high-quality man who understands, appreciates and cherishes them, and I'm confident we can help YOU too!
I'm a PBS Love expert and psychologist who has appeared on Oprah, the Today Show and in an Amazon Prime show, Love in 90 Days based on my bestseller Love in 90 Days. My work has been featured in The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal, ABC, People, and NPR.
I specialize in helping high-caliber women create feminine self-confidence, dating success, and passionate love matches.
I want to do everything I can to give you hands-on personalized support that will make a lasting difference!
During your powerful and dynamic one-on-one session, we will help you with your unique dating situation. You'll walk away refreshed and inspired, with a clear step-by-step path forward to move through any obstacles and get the top-tier love you want. And deserve!
"I followed the program and enjoyed the process. I appreciate Dr. Diana planting very helpful seeds!"
-Hoda Kotb, The Today Show
Here's what women like you are saying:
"My love strategy session helped me to meet a really high-caliber guy! In it I learned how to tweak my profile to attract great matches. And my boyfriend is the best! We are having a blast building our dream house and planning for a cruise to Tahiti !" -Darla, Psychologist & Author
"I was fifty-two years old with a career that was enviably successful. But my love life was not. And I couldn't figure out why. As my love mentor, Diana helped me understand that I not only deserved to have but could have a strong, loving life partner who would always be there for me. I found true love in three months! And after 4 plus years of marriage, my husband and I still pinch ourselves every day to make sure that it's not a dream!" - Midge Woolsey, PBS Pledge Host