How to Believe in Yourself When You Feel Deserted
Feeling burnt out on dating and love? Wondering How to believe in yourself when you feel deserted?
Dating is daunting. When you are ghosted, bread-crumbed, rejected or betrayed it can start to be almost impossible to believe in yourself.
You start to feel like something is wrong with you. You resent couples who seem to be happy. Or you think you are too old, too fat, too whatever to ever find love. That there is just no soulmate for you. I know. I have been there.
But the good news is that I have learned simple hacks to help me believe in myself. And you can too!
You have all that you need to create the relationship – and life – of your dreams. And you are lovable and loved just as you are!
The problem is the little voice inside your head won’t let you believe it… and so it keeps you stuck.
Well, enough is enough! You’ll be amazed at what can happen in your life when you learn out to truly believe in yourself. 👍👍👍 Here are my top 7 strategies for how to believe in yourself when you feel deserted.
How to believe in yourself when you feel deserted: Use Affirmations
- Affirmations are most effective when they’re inspiring positive statements, for example, “In a surprisingly easy and effortless way I learn to love myself. I create soulmate love that is just right for me.” “I intuitively know how to handle my relationship so that it works out even better than expected.” or “Blessings are coming my way today.”
- Repeat your favorite affirmation several times a day.
How to believe in yourself when you feel deserted: Use sticky notes
- Post a sticky note on your bathroom mirror that says, “I deserve a great day today starting now” or, “ Everyday in every way I am getting better and better.” Or, “I am lovable and loved just as I am. “ Since it will be the first thing you’ll see in the morning, it can set the tempo for a more positive day.
- Consider putting some positive sticky notes up in other places, such as your refrigerator, by your computer, in your closet, and so on. This way, you’ll see positive, uplifting messages throughout your day!
How to believe in yourself when you feel deserted: Write down your negative thoughts and feelings
- Negative thoughts can undermine many otherwise good intentions and efforts in life.
- Write down your negative thoughts and ask yourself, “is this a fact or a feeling?” If it’s a fact, it cannot be changed. If it is a feeling, remember that all feelings can be changed and do change.
- Next, write down the opposite—or positive expression—of all the negative thoughts; for example, “I can’t do this” becomes “I can do this in a surprisingly easy and effortless way.”
How to believe in yourself when you feel deserted: Develop an attitude of gratitude
- Write down all of the things you’re grateful for right now.
- Practice being grateful for even the smallest positives. Your skill at being grateful will improve over time. This is the bedrock of happiness!💖
How to believe in yourself when you feel deserted: Think with a future perspective
- Ask yourself “Will this breakup be important six months from now?”
- Many of your concerns are mental clutter and won’t be on your mind at all!
How to believe in yourself when you feel deserted: Call or text a friend
- This helps to take your focus away from your own negative thoughts and feelings and instead puts the focus outside of yourself.
- Just listening to a friend is great not only for them, but also for you.
- It’s simple: helping others creates good feelings in us. It makes us feel more competent and lovable.
How to believe in yourself when you feel deserted: Surround yourself with positive people
- Positive people tend to improve the moods of the people around them. If you spend time with happy people you’ll find that their moods and attitudes are infectious.
- Speaking with a Love Mentor coach is a good example of this. It’s like having a Fairy Godmother🧚 and then some!
- A Love Mentor will show you the simple tips and powerful techniques you can use to increase self-belief and add to your joy in life!
And as my gift to you, sign up for a free Love Mentor session especially designed to help you believe in yourself. It could change your life, starting today.
Here’s what Marni emailed me right after her gift session:
“THANK YOU for the mindshift for me! My ah-ha moment!!! I know that I deserve juicy lasting love and I feel confident in a whole new way.”
Your love affirmation for today: I acknowledge the gift that I am
Sign up here for a powerful gift!
BREAKTHROUGH-to-LOVE Premium Coaching Session!
Limited time offer- Free
As a relationship expert, I've helped thousands of women get the love they want-even when it seemed impossible. I'm Dr. Diana Kirschner. You might know me from my PBS Special, seen me on Oprah, or have read one of my bestselling books.
I want to do everything I can to give you hands-on personalized support that will make a lasting difference.
During your powerful and dynamic one-on-one session, we will help you with your unique relationship or dating situation. You'll walk away inspired, with a clear step-by-step path forward to move through any obstacles and get the love you want.
Here's what women like you are saying:
"My session was an incredible game-changer! I was finally able to see a way forward with my boyfriend and he has proposed!
I'm very grateful!" -Jenn in New Mexico
"I was fifty-two years old with a career that was enviably successful. But my love life was not. And I couldn't figure out why. As my love mentor, Diana helped me understand that I not only deserved to have but could have a strong, loving life partner who would always be there for me. I found true love in three months! And after 4 plus years of marriage, my husband and I still pinch ourselves every day to make sure that it's not a dream!" - Midge Woolsey