Texting Etiquette & Love Advice
Texting has made it even easier and cheaper to be in touch with romantic interests. In that sense, texting has absolutely deepened our love relationships. Now potential partners or your lover can be in a constant dialogue with you, even while you are with other people. But before you get carried away and alienate your friends or colleagues here are six texting etiquette tips that will help, not hurt your relationships.
Six dating tips that show you know texting etiquette
1. Little steamy or romantic texts can go a long way—less is more because you can pick up where the message ends and begin fantasizing about the other person!
2. Don’t break up by text. Especially with someone whom you’ve been dating for a while. You’re treating the person with a disrespect and is usually done out of cowardice. Don’t be afraid to come face to face or at least call to deliver the heartbreak.
3. Revealing something embarrassing in writing is never a good idea. It can be shown to others. And often is.
4. Using text to avoid speaking on the phone is sometimes the shy way out. Doing so will never get you over your fears.
5. Texting during a date is simply bad manners and rude.
6. Mass texting to ask people out on a date is a desperate act and will backfire on you later if people compare notes.
Texting Etiquette and First Dates
In the beginning phase of dating you are testing the waters and you don’t want to overdo it. When the relationship becomes more serious, you can use texting to send love messages, plan things together and get emotional support or advice. Texting etiquette requires that we learn how to communicate with a date or potential one. Go here for more dating texting advice.
Sign up for your Gift Breakthrough-to-Love Session Here!
As a relationship expert, I've helped thousands of women get the love they want-even when it seemed impossible. I'm Dr. Diana Kirschner. You might know me from my PBS Special, seen me on Oprah, or have read one of my bestselling books.
I want to do everything I can to give you hands-on personalized support that will make a lasting difference.
During your powerful and dynamic one-on-one session, we will help you with your unique relationship or dating situation. You'll walk away inspired, with a clear step-by-step path forward to move through any obstacles and get the love you want.
Here's what women like you are saying:
"My session was an incredible game-changer! I was finally able to see a way forward with my boyfriend and he has proposed!
I'm very grateful!" -Jenn in New Mexico
"I was fifty-two years old with a career that was enviably successful. But my love life was not. And I couldn't figure out why. As my love mentor, Diana helped me understand that I not only deserved to have but could have a strong, loving life partner who would always be there for me. I found true love in three months! And after 4 plus years of marriage, my husband and I still pinch ourselves every day to make sure that it's not a dream!" - Midge Woolsey