Texting Love Advice & Etiquette
Texting has made it even easier and cheaper to be in touch with romantic interests. In that sense, texting has absolutely deepened our love relationships. Now potential partners or your lover can be in a constant dialogue with you, even while you are with other people. But before you get carried away and alienate your friends or colleagues here are six texting etiquette tips that will help, not hurt your relationships.
Six dating tips that show you know texting etiquette
1. Little steamy or romantic texts can go a long way—less is more because you can pick up where the message ends and begin fantasizing about the other person!
2. Don’t break up by text. Especially with someone whom you’ve been dating for a while. You’re treating the person with a disrespect and is usually done out of cowardice. Don’t be afraid to come face to face or at least call to deliver the heartbreak.
3. Revealing something embarrassing in writing is never a good idea. It can be shown to others. And often is.
4. Using text to avoid speaking on the phone is sometimes the shy way out. Doing so will never get you over your fears.
5. Texting during a date is simply bad manners and rude.
6. Mass texting to ask people out on a date is a desperate act and will backfire on you later if people compare notes.
Texting Etiquette and First Dates
In the beginning phase of dating you are testing the waters and you don’t want to overdo it. When the relationship becomes more serious, you can use texting to send love messages, plan things together and get emotional support or advice. Texting etiquette requires that we learn how to communicate with a date or potential one. Go here for more dating texting advice.