Is he the One? Here’s how to know for sure.
Are you in a relationship… yet feeling unsure, is he the One?
If so, you’re not alone. I get e-mails every day from women asking me, “Is he the One?”
Over the next few blogs, I’ll be talking about the three key questions you need to ask yourself to assess, is he the One? Ready? OK!
The first question you must ask is…
Is He Crazy About Me?
This is a critical question to ask yourself because you cannot make someone love you. At the end of the day, he is either into you or not. You can fool yourself. But it will not work if he is just not feeling it. (And why would you want to be with someone who isn’t crazy about you?! After all, you do deserve the best!)
To help you answer this key question, here is a simple quiz that helps you learn the signs to answer the question: Is he the One? This is based on my clinical and Love Mentoring experience that examines whether this guy is into you or not. You need to have been together at least three months in order to use the quiz. Give your boyfriend 1 point for each of these twenty characteristics. Let’s see.. Is the One?
- Eager to see you.
- Reluctant to leave you.
- Wants regular consistent contact; asks for dates.
- Interested in you and your life.
- Wants to be helpful in ways that meet your needs.
- Is verbally and physically affectionate.
- Wants to be romantic and sexual with you.
- Texts, e-mails, or calls regularly.
- Acts like you are very special; doesn’t want to date others.
- Respects you and your opinions.
- Becoming more attentive and loving over time.
- Becoming more open to sharing his feelings and thoughts.
- Becoming more open to sharing his living space.
- Becoming more open to introducing you and spending time together with his friends and family members.
- Acting like a couple in front of his family and friends—using “we” instead of “I,” being physically affectionate.
- Calling you his girlfriend when talking to you, friends, or family.
- Saying he loves you.
- Saying he wants a future with you.
- Actively planning a future with you (talking about living together or getting engaged).
- Proposing that you live together or get married.
You must be 100 percent honest with yourself as you rate your guy. When in doubt, ask your closest friends to help you.
Score Results: Is he the One?
If you have been dating him for at least three months but less than a year:
9 or more points = He might develop into a contender.
If you have been together more than a year:
8 or less = He is most likely a DUD (definitely unworkable dude). Move on and date others.
9–13 = He’s still in the running.
14 or more, including at least one if not two of the last four questions (in bold) = He’s a contender and just may be the One. Look for more of these qualities to appear over time.
Here’s the Bottom line:
If you want to find the One, look for a man who provides regular and consistent contact that gets better over time. You should find yourself continually surprised at how he fills your needs to be chosen, appreciated, romanced, and celebrated for who you are. Envision this kind of love and choose guys who are that into you. They exist, and that’s what I wish for you. There is definitely a lid for every pot, no matter how gigantic, dented, or burned it is.
P.S. If you want to get the true commitment you desire, check out my bestselling book, Sealing the Deal. I wrote this book to share the specific steps on how to inspire your guy to commit… and how to answer the question, is he the One?