When winter closes in and you’re closeted with your significant other, your relationship can turn boring, irritating or downright infuriating. But you can turn this stuck-with-each-other situation into an opportunity—a great opportunity to have a breakthrough in your love relationship using just one of these five love tips:
1. Discover each other all over again! Have Ten Minute Listening Sessions where one person gets to talk, free associate, and say whatever is on their minds while the other simply listens with full attention. The listener does not speak. No matter what, use a clock and honor a full ten minute session. Then switch roles. Anything said in that time is sacred and cannot be brought up during an argument! You never will know your partner’s world until you really listen.
2. Do the Miracle Exercise. Each of you write out the answer to the following questions: What would your life be like if a miracle happened and you became fully content and happy with your life? How would you be acting? How would your partner be acting?
What else would be different? Read your answers to each other. Then, for the rest of the day, both of you commit to behaving as if the miracle has occurred.
3. Play Sexy Dress Up. Let your fantasies go wild by finding sexy lingerie and other sex play outfits. Dress up and role play being the nurse, doctor, maid, dominatrix, vixen, or sex slave, and create a hot escapade that is entirely different from your normal sexual routine.
4. Be Dessert for Each Other. Get naked, grab the whip cream or chocolate syrup and make yourself into a sumptuous dessert for your partner. Make sure you lather it on in the areas of your body that give you the most pleasure.
5. Play Strip Poker. The loser of the hand takes off an article of clothing, reveals a secret or describes a sexual fantasy. If you go all in and win, you can ask your partner to take off all of his/her clothes at once. But if you lose, well you get the idea. Either way, there are no losers in this game.
Wishing you love,
Diana Kirschner, Ph.D. is a frequent guest psychologist on The Today Show & best-selling author of “Love in 90 Days” (dating advice book)” out now in paperback (at Amazon) with a new chapter on “Dating Games Men Play.” Love in 90 Days was the basis of her PBS Special on love. Connect with Dr. Diana through her FREE relationship & dating advice newsletter.